I’ve never really been a fan of blowing my own trumpet (well what did you think I meant?) so when I started to see folk trumpeting that they had been voted as one of the Top 100 Sex Blogging Superheroes of 2013, I decided against joining in. It felt just a little too smug and attention-seeking* for my tastes.
But it’s only just hit me that this is rather a silly attitude. For one thing, to be voted for anything by anybody is usually an honour and an achievement (unless it’s time to vote in a new village idiot) and it’s a trifle ungracious and rude to however many voted. Now I’ve no idea whether this is the top 100 out of 101 or out of 1001, but I’ve decided that by not mentioning my inclusion, I also lose the chance to thank those who voted for this blog.
So, without further ado, I would like to say a big THANK YOU to however many (great or small) voted for this blog in the above. I came 43rd, which I consider to be an achievement.
And 43 is a good number:
- Ok so George W Bush was the 43rd POTUS, but we can draw a veil over that.
- But if you understand Chen primes, then 43 is the first non-Chen prime number (a Chen prime is simply a prime that when 2 is added to it, either becomes another prime or the product of two primes).
- Then there’s the Cars championship won by car number 43 in the Pixar film
- And finally let’s not forget The 43 Peculiarity.
So all in all, I’m good with 43.
* Oh who am I kidding, I do attention seeking, especially when slutty!